Monday, September 11, 2006

September 10, 2006 10:30 PM – An End to Yamor

I had every intention to get to bed early after a quiet night at home. But after I headed into town to update my blog at the internet café, I ran into Tom and Charlie who invited me for a drink. After a beer and a few rounds of Shithead (a popular card game among travelers that I’ve learned down here), Chrissie showed up and said we were missing the closing fiesta of Yamor. The four of us headed up to Parque Bolivar to find a fabulous band and a very enthusiastic crowd. We did our best to keep up, although our Salsa skills weren’t up to snuff. But when it came to doing the pogo to a Spanish version of the 80s hit, “Gloria” I did just fine. And Tom won a dance contest – or at least made a big enough fool of himself to win over the crowd. We all had a great time with the locals. What a fabulous end to a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home